I’m sure you’ve heard of Pocky. If not its a Japanese snack that is very popular in Asia. Korea even has a *holiday for giving it out. So, today I will teach you how to make Pocky!
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/3 cup of milk
1 egg white
1 cup of flour
1/8 cup of sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/4 cup of butter
*preheat your oven to 300 degrees F or 149 degrees C
- Put the flour, sugar, and baking soda into a large mixing bowl and mix them.
- Add your milk, egg white, and butter into the bowl and mix until well combined. Then, form a ball with the dough.
- Spread flour onto a flat surface, place the dough on top of it, then flatten with a rolling pin.
- Take a pizza cutter (or knife) and cut the dough into thin slices/strips.
- Since Pocky is cylinder-like, take the strips and roll them lengthwise with your hands on the flat surface until they become long cylinder sticks. Imagine playing with Play-Doh or clay to help you.
- Cut your long Pocky sticks down to halves or thirds depending on preference.
- Bake your Pocky for 25 minutes.
- Just before your Pocky is done baking, put your chocolate chips in a bowl and melt it in the microwave with a bit of vegetable oil for ease of application.
- When your Pocky is done, remove it from the oven. If your chocolate is no longer warm, reheat it. Then, while holding the bowl of melted chocolate at an angle, roll the Pocky sticks (individually) in the chocolate. If you’re having trouble, use a spatula.
-Since I REALLY like Hershey’s Cookies N Cream chocolate, I used that on mine. That being said, don’t be afraid to use different a chocolates or add in sprinkles or nuts.
-Also, I’ve never tried it, but if you’re REALLY desperate and don’t feel like making Pocky, you might be able to use Pringles Honey Sticks as a cheat.
-Lastly, you might wanna try out the Pocky Game. If you’re not scared.~
*Pepero(Pocky) Day is November 11th, and is mostly celebrated by young couples and people. They celebrate by exchanging Pepero(Pocky) sticks, other candies, and romantic gifts.
Just keep swimming until next time!~